Kevin Dundon's super recipe for the perfect glazed Christmas ham
- Supervalu quality irish ham fillet 3-4kg
- 5 dsp Supervalu marmalade
- 75 g (3oz) Supervalu dark brown sugar
- 1/2 a jar of Supervalu cloves
- Soak the ham for up to an hour. Put into a pot, cover with water and bring to the boil.
- Allow to simmer for about 2 hours and turn off heat, allowing meat to cool in the cooking liquid.
- Remove the ham and using the tip of your knife, score lines across the fat to create a diamond shaped pattern.
- Stud the cloves into the scored fat between each diamond. Place the ham onto a baking tray.
- Melt the marmalade gently and pour over or brush onto the ham. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Loosely cover with tinfoil and bake in the oven at 150ºC (300ºF/Gas 2) for about an hour, then remove from the oven. Take the tinfoil off at this stage and turn up the heat. Return the ham to the oven for an additional 20 minutes until the skin has become slightly crispy and caramelised
- Rest the meat for an additional 30 minutes out of the oven before slicing.
Recipe courtesy of Supervalu
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Fragrant Chicken Curry with Basmati Rice
- Fish and Chips with Minted Peas: Kevin Dundon
- Fiery Fajitas with Salsa: Kevin Dundon