Kevin Dundon's super simple SuperValu Christmas recipe
- 100 g (4oz) frozen raspberries, defrosted
- 45 g (2oz) supervalu icing sugar
- 1 supervalu lemon, zest and juice
- 411 g tins of supervalu peach slices (2 tins)
- 1 supervalu vanilla pod, split
- 1 l (1¾ pints) supervalu vanilla ice cream
- 200 ml (7fl oz) supervalu cream - whipped
- Place the icing sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and raspberries into a food processor and process until smooth, strain the puree through a sieve into a bowl and set aside.
- Meanwhile remove the peaches carefully from the tin and place in the bottom of a deep dish or bowl. Next add a scoop of ice-cream and drizzle some raspberry coulis on top. Add another layer of peaches and top with some lightly whipped cream. Use the vanilla pod to garnish.
Kevin's top tip: This is a delicious dessert any time of the year, you can use fresh peaches when available, simply poach lightly in some water, sugar and a drop of orange juice for approximately 20 minutes until softened then discard the skin and stone before use.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Saturday Brunch: Crêpes Suzette with Strawberries
- Chocolate Chip Cookies: Just Add Milk!
- Strawberry and Banana Iced Lolly Pops