These are a really hearty and healthy main or starter, which can be dressed up or down for whatever occasion!
- 2 slices of good quality bread, made into rough breadcrumbs
- 400 g white crabmeat
- 2 tblsp homemade mayonnaise or 1 beaten egg
- 50 g butter
- 1 dstp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 lemon
- 1 very ripe avocado
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tblsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tblsp chopped fresh coriander
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place all the all the ingredients in a bowl, season lightly with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Form the crab mixture into round patties. Place a frying or griddle pan over a medium heat, add the butter.
- Once the butter begins to foam add in the crab cakes and cook for 3 minutes and then turn over and cook for a further 2 minutes. They should be golden in colour.
- 4. Serve with my Lime Guacamole
- Cut the avocado in half, discard the stone and scoop out the flesh.
- Mash with a fork, then add the garlic, lime or lemon juice, olive oil and coriander and mashed together well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover with cling film immediately as it discolours very quickly.
Clodagh's tip: To keep your guacamole nice and green, place the avocado stone on top of the dip and cover with cling film.