A simple and straightforward meal from Paul Flynn
- 1 good knob butter
- 6 rindless or streaky rashers (diced)
- 1 medium onion - diced
- 400 g tin butterbeans - rinsed
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 200 ml avonmore cream
- 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tblsp chopped parsley
- pinch salt and pepper
- Cook the onions and bacon in the butter over a low heat for 15 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add the beans and stock and bring to the boil. Add the mustard and parsley. Season and serve.
More by Paul Flynn:
- Today: Paul Flynn's Lamb Gigot Chops
- Lunch all Wrapped Up: Fresh Mackerel Wraps
- Pan Fried Monkfish, Creamy Brandade: Today show