- 500g (1lb 2oz) fresh gnocchi
- 1 tblsp rapeseed oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- Generous pinch of chilli flakes
- 150g (5oz) spinach
- 250ml (9fl oz) single cream
- 100g (3½oz) frozen peas
- Grated zest of 1 lemon and juice of ½
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- Bring a cooking pot of water to the boil, then add the gnocchi and cook for 2 minutes until they float to the top. Drain and set aside.
- Place a large frying pan over a medium–high heat and add the oil. Fry the garlic and chilli flakes for 30 seconds or so before adding in the spinach. Allow the spinach to wilt down, tossing every now and then until the bulk has reduced.
- Pour in the cream and add the peas. Bring to a steady simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Add the lemon zest and whisk in the lemon juice.
- Add the cooked gnocchi, toss to combine and season with sea salt and ground black pepper. Serve straight away for a delicious and simple dinner.