- 450 g (1lb) striploin steak (sliced into thin strips)
- egg noodles (4 portions, blanched and refreshed)
- 2 cloves of garlic-crushed
- 100 ml soy sauce
- 1 tblsp honey
- 1 tblsp sherry (optional)
- 100 ml stock (as required)
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 sticks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 mixed peppers (green, red, yellow), thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, juiced
- handful of pecan nuts (optional)
- Heat a large wok and fry off the meat and garlic until almost cooked.
- This should take no more than 2-3 minutes on a nice high heat.
- Add in the vegetables and quickly fry them using a little stock if the mixture gets too dry.
- Try not to add any more oil - use the stock instead as the oil can make the stir fry very greasy.
- When everything is almost cooked add the honey, soy sauce and sherry along with the noodles and heat everything thoroughly, add a squeeze of lime juice before serving.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say