A delicious Christmas dessert idea from Paul Flynn for Lidl
- 1 bottle of mulled wine
- 1 punnet of conference pears (approx. 6 pears)
- 1 tblsp cordelia sugar
- 2 cm slice of bridge bakery tea brack crumbled into a bowl
- 200 ml morning fresh sour cream
- Peel the pears leaving the stalks on but cut 1 cm off the base
- Place in a narrow but high pot (it's important to cover the pears fully)
- Pour the mulled wine over the pears, add the sugar and cover with some greaseproof paper to ensure the pears are submerged
- Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 25-30 minutes until the pears are soft.
- Fold the sour cream into the crumbled tea brack and place in the fridge until needed.
- To serve warm the pears a little and serve in a bowl with a good dollop of the fruit cake cream and a dash of the juice.
Paul says: It's best to make the pears a day or 2 before you need them so they take on the colour and flavour of the wine. The leftover juice can be drunk as a delicious pear mulled wine or when chilled, served with proscecco for a fabulous Christmas drink.
More by Paul Flynn:
- Pancake Tuesday Countdown: Apple, pecan, ice-cream
- Countdown to Pancake Tuesday: Paul Flynn's P'Cakes
- Chicken, Chorizo, smoked paprika cream: Today Show