A simple, straightforward and nourishing main, great for beginners!
- 2 tblsp thai green curry paste
- 300 ml coconut milk
- 100 ml water
- 4 spring onions (thinly sliced diagonally)
- 1 large potato (peeled and diced)
- 2 chicken breasts (diced)
- 75 g green beans (quartered)
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- fish sauce (nam pla), to season
- vegetable oil, for frying
- coriander to garnish
- jasmine rice (cup per person)
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large saucepan and fry the curry paste for a minute until fragrant. Add the spring onions and fry for 1 minute.
- Pour in the coconut milk and water and stir well. Simmer gently for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and spring onions, cover and cook for about 10 minutes until it is almost tender.
- Add the chicken with a little water, if needed, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the beans and simmer for 4 minutes until they are cooked. Stir in the lime juice and zest. Season with fish sauce.
- Sprinkle the coriander over and serve with steamed jasmine rice.
More by Catherine Fulvio:
- Today: Catherine's Cider Chicken Casserole
- Mediterranean Monkfish with Pesto Trapanese
- Ballyknocken Daube of Wicklow Beef: Fulvio