- 300g (11oz) dried macaroni
- 2 handfuls of sourdough bread, cut into cubes
- 4 tblsp mayonnaise
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled
- 1 heaped tsp Dijon mustard
- Good handful of freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra to garnish
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- Shredded, cooked meat from ½ medium chicken (approx. 500g/1lb 2oz)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F), Gas Mark 6. Cook the macaroni according to the instructions on the packet.
- While the pasta is cooking, toss the cubes of bread in a little olive oil, put in a roasting tin and toast for 5–10 minutes in the oven until golden – keep an eye on them. Remove and set aside.
- Whizz together the mayo, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, grated Parmesan, olive oil and a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper in a food processor until you have a smooth dressing. Toss the cooked chicken in any leftover juices that it was cooked in.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and tumble it back into the pot it was cooked in. Add the dressing, chicken and croûtons and stir until everything is combined. Serve straight away with a little extra sprinkle of Parmesan.