- 250 g puy lentils
- 500 ml low saltstock
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 bay leaf
- 150 g sunblush tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 100 g low fat feta cheese, crumbled (Tesco own brand)
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 red or yellow pepper, finely diced
- 3 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 2 tblsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tblsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tblsp olive oil
- 1 tblsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the lentils, stock and bay leaf in a pot. Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer until the lentils are cooked through but still al denté. Remove the bay leaf.
- Mix up the dressing, taste and adjust the flavours. Pour over the still warm salad.
- Add all the vegetables, parsley, stir well and season to taste. Crumble over feta cheese and serve hot or cold.
- Will keep for 3 days in the fridge
One portion (350g) contains 378 calories, 20.4g protein, 40.3g carbohydrates, 14.9g of fat and 9.1g of fibre