- 1 tblsp rapeseed oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- ½ courgette, chopped into 1cm (½in) slices
- 2 red or yellow peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 8 large free-range eggs
- Generous knob of butter
- 75g (2½oz) cheese (Gruyère, Cheddar or Parmesan)
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- Salad leaves, to serve
- Place a large, non-stick frying pan with an ovenproof (metal) handle over a high heat, add the oil and fry the onion, courgette and peppers until tender. Add the garlic and fry for a further 1 minute.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl until just combined, then add the contents of the frying pan and gently mix through until coated. Season with sea salt and ground black pepper.
- Place the frying pan back over a medium–high heat and add the butter, melting until it foams. Pour the egg and vegetable mixture into the pan and evenly distribute the vegetables. Sprinkle over the cheese.
- Cook for 4 minutes until the bottom of the frittata is golden brown, then place the pan under a hot grill to puff up for a further 3–4 minutes until golden on top.
- Remove the frittata from the pan and cut into quarters on a chopping board. Serve with a little side salad for a quick and tasty lunch or dinner.