Great with Arun Kapil's Moroccan Spiced Chicken and Algier Aïoli.
- 4 hearts of baby gem
- good bunch of chives, tarragon and chervil
- For the Vinaigrette
- 1 clove of garlic, cut in half
- 1 heaped soupspoon best dijon mustard
- 150ml grape seed oil (or sunflower oil)
- 50ml fruity, soft olive oil
- fine sea salt and fresh black pepper - to taste
- 1 tsp good white wine vinegar
- 0.5 tsp castor sugar
- 50 ml boiling water
- Take a largish jam jar with a secure lid and rub the inside very firmly with the open-cut edge of the garlic clove.
- Add all the ingredients before adding the boiling water to the jar to prevent it from cracking!
- Next, screw the lid on tight and shake very, very vigorously till it all emulsifies - a good minute or so should do it.
- Pop open the lid and spoon generously over the leaves, then scatter the herbs over.
More by Arun Kapil:
- One week 'til Pancake Tuesday: Traditional Pancake
- Baked Smoked Haddock Vegetable Kedgeree: Today
- Poached Supreme, Roast Roots, Clementine and Cardamom