Great with Arun Kapil's Moroccan Spiced Chicken and Green Salad.
- 2 very good egg yolks
- 2 fat, fresh, plump 'new season' garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 450 ml plain fruity olive oil
- juice of at least 1 lemon
- fine zest of half a lemon, use a microplane if you have one
- sea salt
- 1 tsp Green Saffron Garam Masala
- Take a light whisk and beat together the egg yolks and crushed garlic with a little salt until thick.
- Pour the olive oil in a thin stream, whisking continuously, add a little of the lemon juice and some more oil, continue beating, adding alternately more lemon juice and more oil until both are used up and you have a thick mayonnaise.
- Adjust the salt and add the Garam Masala and the zest of the lemon, mix and set aside.
More by Arun Kapil:
- One week 'til Pancake Tuesday: Traditional Pancake
- Baked Smoked Haddock Vegetable Kedgeree: Today
- Poached Supreme, Roast Roots, Clementine and Cardamom