This MasterChef Ireland dish is served with a broad bean salad and apple jelly
- 1 pigtail
- 1 head garlic
- 1 onion
- 3 stalk of celery
- 3 carrot
- 1 lemon grass
- 2 apple
- 1 chicken stock
- 2 leaves gelatine
- 1 tin cannellini bean
- 50 ml cream
- 200 g broad bean
- 2 tblsp chopped thyme
- 2 tblsp chopped parsley
- 0.5 chilli
- 3 tblsp olive oil
- Cover pig tail with water and add onion, garlic, celery, carrot, lemongrass and bring to the boil. Then turn down the heat and simmer for 2 hours.
- Peel and chop the apple into the saucepan and cover with stock. Cook until tender. Strain through sieve and add gelatine (soak in water to soften).Pour into bowl and let it set in the fridge.
- Cook cannellini bean with stock until tender and then add cream. Whisk in blender until smooth.
- For broad bean salad, blanch beans in stock, drain and dress with olive oil, lemon juice, chopped parsley, chopped thyme. Season.
- When pigtail is cooked, split open skin and take out meat. Season with salt and pepper, parsley, thyme, lemon juice, chili. Wrap the seasoned meat back into skin and let it set in the fridge.
- To serve, dip pig tail in flour, egg, polenta and deep fry until golden. Serve on bean puree, bean salad and apple jelly.
More by Nicha Maguire:
- Lamb fillet with fennel salad and potato fondant
- Pancake with strawberry mascarpone and citrus syrup
- Chocolate hazelnut parfait with orange tapioca