- 2 packs of deluxe irish hereford fillet steaks (pack contains 2 steaks)
- 250 g closed cup mushrooms, sliced
- 250 ml morning fresh double cream
- a knob of dairy manor butter
- 0.50 a small onion, diced finely
- 2 tblsp lovilio grated grana padano parmesan
- 2 tblsp chopped parsley
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- 2 tblsp primadonna extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- squeeze lemon juice
For the roasties
- 16 small boiled potatoes
- 3 tblsp primadonna extra virgin olive oil
- 0.50 a teaspoon of kania paprika
- salt and pepper
- The first job here is to boil your potatoes. And start to roast them before you commence the steak.
- Remove the Deluxe Irish Hereford Fillet Steaks from all of the packaging, then press down firmly on the meat with the palm of your hand and season.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of Primadonna extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan and put the steaks in when the oil is nice and hot and cook for four minutes either side on a medium high
- heat. Then stand the steaks on their side to colour all round the meat. If the steaks look a little dry along the way, feel free to add a little more oil to the pan. Remove the steaks and keep warm between two plates.
- Give the pan a little wipe with kitchen towel and add the butter, onions and garlic and sweat over a lowish heat for two minutes. Add the mushrooms, turn up the heat and cook for a minute or so turning once or twice before adding the cream.
- Cook the mushrooms and cream until the cream starts to coat the mushrooms. Remove from the heat, then add the Lovilio Grated Grana Padano, parsley, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Divide the steaks onto four warm plates, along with the sweet paprika roasties and spoon the sauce over them.
Sweet paprika roasties
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Brush 1 tablespoon of the Primadonna extra virgin olive oil onto a roasting tray and place the potatoes on top. With the heel of your hand or a fork, gently crush the potatoes just enough to flatten them.
- Brush the rest of the olive oil on top of the potatoes. Sprinkle on the salt, pepper and Kania sweet paprika and cook for 20 minutes until crisp and golden.
Paul says: "I like to serve these with a little bit of rocket salad as it cuts through the richness of the creamy mushrooms and these fantastic little roast potatoes."