A delicious and low-calorie option from Weight Watchers.
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp malt vinegar
- 1 tblsp cocoa powder, plus extra for dusting
- 4 tsp cold water
- 4 egg whites
- 200 g (7oz) caster sugar
- 200 g (7oz) weightwatchers reduced fat thick cream
- 350 g (12oz) mixed berries
- Line a 33cm x 23cm (13in x 9in) Swiss roll tin with baking paper. Pre-heat the oven to 150°C (fan oven 130°C, gas mark 2). Mix the cornflour, vanilla and vinegar together. Combine the cocoa and water in a separate bowl. Whisk the egg whites into soft peaks, then whisk in the sugar 1 teaspoon at a time. Whisk in the cornflour. Fold in the cocoa.
- Spoon into the tin and bake for 45–50 minutes. Turn out onto a large sheet of baking paper. Remove the lining paper. Cool. Spread with the cream and scatter over the berries. Roll up and sift over a little cocoa to serve.
More by Weight Watchers:
- The Morning After the Night Before: One Pan Fry-up
- Salmon burger on rye with horseradish cream
- One pot spring lamb casserole