Simon Morris serves up a tasty starter on MasterChef Ireland
- 1 small lobster
- 1 bulb fennel
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tomatoes (de-seeded, peeled and chopped)
- 25 g butter
- 75 ml cream
- sprig of parsley
- 50 g breadcrumbs
- 1 gem lettuce
- for the dressing
- 20 ml olive oil juice of half lemon
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- Place the lobster in a saucepan of boiling water and cook for 12-15minutes. When cooked, take the meat from the tail and claws and set aside.
- Place the knob of butter in the frying pan along with the onion, garlic, fennel and cook until soft. Add these to the gratin dish along with the cooked lobster meat, diced tomatoes, cream and parsley.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the mix and bake for 10-15 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, mix the ingedients for the salad dressing and toss the salad making sure all the leaves are evenly coated.
- Serve the gratin dish on a small plate aling with a few salad leaves.
More by Simon Morris:
- Creme Caramel
- Pan fried seabass with Gnocchi, Asparagus and Shellfish Bisque
- Rhubarb crumble with custard