A tasty treat from MasterChef Ireland's Sinead Considine.
- vanilla pod seed
- 330 g flour
- 100 g icing sugar
- 180 g butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tblsp water
- Make pastry.
- Sift flour and salt into a bowl and stir in the sugar. Put into a food processor along with butter and mix til mixture becomes crumbs. Add the egg and the water and combine until mixture comes together. Take out, wrap in cling film and store in fridge for at lest an hour.
- Whisk up cream, sugar and vanilla.
- Slice fruit.
- Roll out dough and place in tart case and bake in oven for 15 mins.
- When cooled spoon in cream and decorate with fruit, place a mint sprig on top.
More by Sinead Considine:
- Plum Tart, plum purée and star anise and cinnamon ice cream
- Hake and tomato pasta with sweet potato crisps
- Braised pork cheek with lentils