Simon Morris serves up Creme Caramel
- 200 ml double cream
- 1 vanilla pod
- 4 egg yolks
- 150 g caster sugar
- Place the cream, 50g caster sugar, vanilla and egg yolks into the pan and bring up to a temprature of 60°. Pass through a sieve and set aside.
- Place 100g sugar into saucepan and cover with water and bring up to the boil, without stirring. When the sugar turns golden brown remove from the heat.
- Pour the sugar mixture into the ramekin and then pour the custard mix on top.
- Place the ramekin in a bain marie and place into oven at 140° for 30 minutes or until set then take from oven and place in fridge to set.
- When ready to eat turn the crème caramel onto a plate and serve.
More by Simon Morris:
- Lobster Gratin
- Pan fried seabass with Gnocchi, Asparagus and Shellfish Bisque
- Rhubarb crumble with custard