Terry Lyons serves up a simple starter on MasterChef Ireland
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1 ball mozzarella
- basil leaves
- 50 g basil leaves
- 15 g pine nuts
- 20 g parmesan
- 0.5 clove garlic
- 50 ml olive oil
- Slice the tomatoes + mozzarella into discs.
- Arrange 4 tomato discs with 3 discs mozzarella + 3 basil leaves on a plate.
- To make the pesto, lace all the ingredients in a blender + add oil as required. Season to taste.
- Spoon some pesto over the tomato and mozzarella.
- Add some more oil to a small amount of pesto to thin out and drizzle around plate.
More by Terry Lyons:
- Herb crusted rack of lamb with seasonal vegetables
- Flavours from a Stockholm Garden
- Foie Gras poached in sauternes with artichoke, coco bean, dried Iberico ham and grapes poached in v