Terry Lyons serves up beef on MasterChef Ireland.
- 1 round fillet of beef (wrapped in cling film to retain shape)
- 3 asparagus tips
- 2 spring onions
- 2 broadbean pods
- 3 pea pods
- 1 rooster potatoe
- 0.5 celeriac
- double cream (25ml + 50ml)
- butter (50g+10g+10g)
- chicken stock (100ml + 50ml)
- salt and pepper
- Peel and dice the potato and celeriac.
- Boil then simmer in salted water for 10-15 minutes until almost cooked. Put through a ricer. Add 20g butter + 25ml double cream and seasoning to taste. Mix and put through a sieve. Place in a pastry ring on plate.
- Season the steak and cover in oil. Brown well in pan to seal juices. Put in oven at 190° until cooked to 50° (med-rare)
- Leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Boil 50g butter and 100ml stock. Pod the peas and beans. Shell the broad beans. Trim the asparagus to 5” and peel the stalk from the head down. Trim the spring onions to 7”. Add the spring onions to same pan for 30 seconds. Then add asparagus for 30 seconds. Then add peas and beans for 30 seconds.
- Chop garlic roughly and brown. Add 50 ml stock, reduce well. Add 50ml cream and reduce. Season well.
- Arrange the veg around the potato. Place the steak on top of potato and drizzle in sauce.
More by Terry Lyons:
- Herb crusted rack of lamb with seasonal vegetables
- Flavours from a Stockholm Garden
- Foie Gras poached in sauternes with artichoke, coco bean, dried Iberico ham and grapes poached in v