This is one of my favourite recipes- it looks really fun and the flavour combination is really moreish. I have had students get up in the middle of the night to eat the leftovers of this recipe!
- 4 small miniature pumpkins or 1 medium sized pumpkin
- 225 g baby spinach leaves
- 2 tblsp sunblush tomatoes
- 100 g feta cheese
- 100 g chorizo sausage, fried
- 1 tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper
- fresh nutmeg
- Wrap the pumpkin in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes at 180°C until tender. Check by prodding with a dinner knife.
- Fry the chorizo until crispy, add the chickpeas, sunblush tomatoes and spinach and heat through. Season.
- Slice the 'lid' off the pumpkin or cut the bulbous part of the butternut in half. Scrape out all the seeds very well.
- Spoon in the filling and sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Replace the 'lid'.
Use really miniature pumpkins to make this as a starter portion or the bulbous part of a butternut squash. If you use a bigger pumpkin, just slice it up into wedges, top with filling and serve with quinoa to mop up the sauce.
Delish by Rozanne Stevens is available from all good book stores and also online at www.rozannestevens.com (RRP €19.50).
More by Rozanne Stevens:
- Chicken Wholegrain Rolls: Food on the Go!
- Spiced Citrus Cake: Something for the Weekend
- Monica's Berry Baileys Meringue Roulade