- 455 g granulated sugar
- 200 ml cold water
- 1 tblsp liquid glucose
- 9 sheets of gelatine
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- oil for greasing tray
- cornflour and icing sugar for dusting
- Soak the gelatine in 140ml of cold water until it becomes soft.
- Put granulated sugar, glucose and 200ml of water in to a heavy based saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and cook until it reaches 127°C on a sugar thermometer.
- Very carefully add the water and gelatine to the hot sugar mixture. This will bubble so be careful not to burn yourself. Pour into a metal or glass jug.
- Beat egg whites with an electric whisk.
- Continue beating then slowly pour in the sugar syrup. It will start to thicken. Add vanilla extract whisk for 5 minutes until the mixture is stiff enough to hold its own shape.
- Lightly grease a shallow tray with oil then dust with icing sugar and cornflour.
- Pour in marshmallow mix leave to set in the fridge for one hour. Cut into squares, place on a wire rack allow to dry.
- Present in some cellophane with colourful ribbons and a little gift tag.