- 125 g (41⁄2 oz) plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 175 g (6oz) wholemeal flour
- 350 g (12oz) peeled very ripe bananas (3–4 in total, mashed)
- 2 eggs
- 75 ml (3fl oz) sunflower oil
- 150 g (5oz) honey
- 175 g (6oz) almonds (skin still on, chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4), and line a 12-cup muffin tray with the paper cases.
- Sift the plain flour into a large bowl with the baking powder and salt and mix in the wholemeal flour.
- Place the bananas in a separate bowl with the eggs, sunflower oil and honey and whisk to combine.
- Tip into the dry ingredients and beat until smooth, adding the almonds just as the mixture is coming together.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cases – they should each be about three-quarters full – then bake for about 25 minutes or until golden on top and springy to the touch.
- Remove the tray from the oven and allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes, then take them from the tray and place on a wire rack to finish cooling.