A tasty cook-off dish from MasterChef Ireland
- 1st ocean beurre blanc
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 2 lemon segment
- 150 ml white wine
- 2 banana shallots (keep 1 for garnish)
- 100 ml fresh cream
- 4 oz unsalted butter
- 2nd ocean mint pea puree
- 200 g frozen peas
- 2 tblsp fresh cream
- 1 tblsp chopped mint
- pinch of salt
- 3rd ocean beet root puree
- 3 fresh beet roots (1 for garnish)
- 6 fresh scallops
- 2 slices of parma ham
- 4 cocktail sticks
- 2 tblsp flour
- pea shoots
- salt, pepper, sugar, olive oil, butter
- Beurre Blanc: Put chopped shallot, thyme, lemon, and white wine in the sauce pan cook over medium heat reduce to almost dry.
- Add cream stir all the time bring it back to the simmer, add seasoning then take off the heat pass through the sieve then put it back in the sauce pan over low heat add butter one knob at the time keep stirring until butter all melted.
- Mint Pea Puree: Put frozen peas in the sauce pan pour in some hot water just to cover put on high heat when water come back to the boil cook for 1 minute.
- Drain the peas then add cream, mint, and a pinch of salt blend with the hand blender until smooth puree.
- Beetroot Puree: Wrap each beetroot in foil baked them in high heat oven for 30 min or until tender peel of skin add a knob of butter and seasoning blend until get smooth purée.
- For garnish: Heat up the oil in the small sauce pan. Cut beet root to small strip toss in the flour fry for 1 minute and drain on the kitchen paper.
- Thinly slice some shallot then fry until crispy, drain on the kitchen paper.
- Scallops: Heat frying pan with a bit of oil, season scallops, 1 wrap with Parma ham and secure with cocktail sticks cook them in a hot pan 1 minute on each side at the end add in a few knobs of butter braise over scallops a few time. Leave to rest on the kitchen paper until ready to serve.
- To Plate: Serve each scallop with each sauce, and garnish.
More by Nicha Maguire:
- Lamb fillet with fennel salad and potato fondant
- Pancake with strawberry mascarpone and citrus syrup
- Chocolate hazelnut parfait with orange tapioca