A cook-off fish dish from MasterChef Ireland
- 200 g sea bass
- 10 chanterelles
- 1 celeriac
- 1 head fennel
- 1 bunch tarragon
- 50 ml dry white wine
- 300 g butter (125g must be unsalted)
- 1 shallot
- 1 tblsp oil
- 50 g crème fraiche
- 1 lemon
- 1 pint full fat milk
- Chop and sweat the fennel in butter and then add some water. Let simmer gently for approximately 15 minutes. Then strain it and puree it in a food processor.
- Chop the shallot and add the white wine and let it reduce for approximately 20 minutes. Gradually add 125g of unsalted butter. Add in 50g crème fraiche and the chopped tarragon.
- Dice the celeriac, rub with lemon, and boil in the milk and water until tender.
- Fry the chanterelles and the sea bass in the remaining butter and oil and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Plate up and serve.