- 3 large egg whites
- 1 tblsp shamrock cornflour
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 tblsp boiling water
- 350 g /12oz sugar
- to decorate
- 300 ml / 1/2 pint cream
- Put all the ingredients into a bowl and beat until thick. Shape meringue into a ring on baking parchment.
- Bake in preheated oven at 120°C (250°F/Gas Mark ½) for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to 110°C (225°F/Gas Mark ¼) for a further 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Place on serving dish and fill with whipped cream and fruit of your choice.