- 175 g /6oz odlums self raising flour
- 125 g /4oz caster sugar
- 150 g /5oz butter or margarine (room temperature)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tblsp drinking chocolate
- 4 tblsp water
- 2 tsp red food colouring
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). Line a 12 cupcake tin with paper cases.
- Beat butter or margarine and sugar in a bowl until light in colour.
- Add the flour, eggs, drinking chocolate, water and red colouring. Beat well until mixture resembles a thick batter.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cases. Bake for 20 minutes until risen and 'springs back' when gently touched.
- Cool on a wire tray. When cold decorate as liked!