Without animal products but with all the flavour, you will feel angelic after eating these!
- 225 g (8oz) plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 75 g (3oz) caster sugar
- finely grated zest of 1 orange
- 150 g (5oz) fresh (or frozen and defrosted) raspberries
- 225 ml (8fl oz) soya or rice milk
- 50 ml (2fl oz) sunflower oil
- 1 tblsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12-cup muffin tray and 10 muffin cases
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4), and line the muffin tray with the paper cases.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a large bowl, then mix in the sugar and orange zest. Carefully fold in the raspberries and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients, then add these to the flour mixture, folding in to combine. Divide the batter between the muffin cases, filling each three-quarters full, then bake for 15–20 minutes or until golden on top and springy to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tray for 5 minutes, then take the muffins out of the tray and place on a wire rack to cool down completely.
More by Rachel Allen:
- Milk Ice Cream: A little DIY, A lot of Taste
- Chocolate Meringue Cake: A serious picnic bonus
- Fennel, pink grapefruit, feta salad: Rachel Allen