The only warning I can give you is, don't burn your mouth when eating these straight from the oven, yeah they're that good.
- 115 g butter
- 100 g plain chocolate
- 280 g plain flour
- 200 g light brown sugar
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 g salt
- 1 medium egg
- 100 ml buttermilk or plain yogurt
- 150 ml milk
- 150 g plain chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a 12 hole muffin tray.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together and leave to cool.
- Sift the dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Whisk the egg, buttermilk, milk and vanilla together with a fork then add the melted chocolate.
- Slowly add the wet to the dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. You will get a soft moist muffin if you do all the mixing very gently.
- Divide the mixture evenly and bake for 22-25 minutes.
For even sized muffins, use an ice cream scoop.