These are something special for breakfast or lunch, and you can pack them with lots of veg (they are also great for using up leftover cooked veg) and any cheese you want. If you are a meat eater, slice up some cooked meat and pop it in, if you like blue cheese pop a chunk in the centre, dress them up with your favourite seeds or pack them with fresh herbs and garlic!
- 250 g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 2 eggs (small)
- 130 ml milk
- 4 tblsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped veg (peppers/corn/tomatoes/spring onion/cooked leftovers like broccoli or carrots)
- 1 cup chopped greens (rocket/spinach)
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 0.5 tsp cracked black pepper
- 0.5 tsp sea salt
- sprinkle of seeds of choice
- Sieve flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl, make a hollow in the centre.
- Mix milk, eggs and oil in a bowl and add to hollow and mix gently (don’t over mix)
- Add your veg, salt and pepper and cheese and combine.
- Grease a muffin tin or pop bun cases into the dips, and fill 2/3 of the way up.
- Pop your seeds of choice on top and bake for 15-20 minutes (check if cooked by inserting a skewer into the centre. If it comes out clean your good to go, if not pop in for another 5 minutes)
- They should be a light golden brown colour.
- Enjoy with real butter and a soft poached egg on top! Yum!
These can be made with gluten free flour also, and turn out equally as delicious!