From Rachel's new series Rachel Allen: Cake Diaries
- 75 g (3oz) butter, softened
- 200 g (7oz) caster sugar
- 150 g (5oz) crunchy peanut butter
- 2 very ripe bananas (about 200g/7oz when peeled), peeled and mashed
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 250 g (9oz) self-raising flour
- 12-cup muffin tray and 12 muffin cases
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4), and line the muffin tray with the paper cases. Cream the butter until soft in a large bowl or in an electric food mixer.
- Add the sugar, peanut butter and the mashed bananas, then beat until the mixture is light and fluffy. Whisk the eggs together in a small bowl for a few seconds or just until mixed, then gradually add them to the creamed butter mixture, beating continuously.
- Sift in the flour and fold in gently to combine. Divide the batter between the muffin cases, filling each up to three quarters full, and bake for 20–25 minutes or until risen and golden. Place on a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes, then remove from the tin and leave on the rack to finish cooling.
More by Rachel Allen:
- Steak and watercress bearnaise
- Ivan's chinese crispy mackerel pancakes
- Smocked haddock and cockle soup