- 200 g porridge oats
- 100 g butter (plus extra for greasing)
- 100 g dried cranberries or raisins (whatever you like)
- 100 g sunflower seeds
- 100 g light muscovado sugar
- 50 g sesame seeds
- 50 g chopped walnuts or pecan
- 3 tblsp honey or maple syrup
- Heat oven to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3. Butter and line the base of a bread tin. Mix the oats, seeds and nuts in a roasting tin, then put in the oven for 5 mins to toast.
- Meanwhile, warm the butter, honey and sugar in a pan, stirring until butter is melted. Add the oat mix and dried fruit, then mix until all the oats are well coated. Tip into the tin, press down lightly, then bake for 30 mins. Cool in tin, then cut into 12 bars.