Shiitake, Scallion, Pineapple & Coriander
- 20 well washed, scraped and de-bearded mussels
- 1 can high quality coconut milk
- 2 tblsp green curry paste
- 4 tblsp diced fresh pineapple
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 2 scallions (sliced finely on the bias)
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh coriander
- 2 oz white wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- juice of 1 lime
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Open the coconut milk into a bowl, mix in green curry paste, add lemon and lime juice, pineapple and season to taste. Leave to rest for an hour or overnight for maximum flavour transfer.
- Add mussels, mushrooms and white wine to a heavy based frying pan and cover with a lid and cook until the mussels show signs of opening.
- Once they show signs of opening add the coconut milk mixture and bring to a rapid boil to reduce the sauce.
- Add the scallions and coriander, toss a few times, adjust the seasoning
- Add 10 mussels to two bowls and top with remaining sauce evenly.
- Serve with warm lemon water finger bowls.
More by Gary O'Hanlon:
- Chicken Quesadilla with Sour Cream and Tomato Salsa
- Chicken Scaloppini
- Chicken Picatta with Broccoli, Champ Potatoes and Flat Parsley