Fried Chorizo, Onion, Coriander and Creamy Curried Lentils "Du Puy"
- 2 cup puy lentils (green lentils- soaked in water for 1 hour)
- 4 tsp curry powder
- 3 tsp mango chutney
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 pint cream
- 8 large de- bearded, rinsed and scraped mussels
- 1/2 pint of white wine
- 3 tblsp fine diced chorizo
- 1 red onion (finely diced)
- 1 cup coriander (finely sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- Sauté the lentils lightly in vegetable oil, add curry powder, half the wine, reduce and then the cream. stew slowly for approx 40 mins, add the chutney, lime juice and season to taste. set aside, keep warm
- Add garlic, shallots remaining wine and mussels to a pan, cover and cook until mussels open. rip off the meatless half shell.
- Heat some vegetable oil in a heavy based frying pan, add the chorizo and cook until crispy, then the red onion and cook until onion goes soft.
- Spoon the chorizo and onion mix into each mussel evenly, spoon on the curried Puy lentils and finish with finely sliced coriander and serve.
More by Gary O'Hanlon:
- Chicken Quesadilla with Sour Cream and Tomato Salsa
- Chicken Scaloppini
- Chicken Picatta with Broccoli, Champ Potatoes and Flat Parsley