- 1 cup chopped green beans (stems removed)
- 1 can chickpeas.
- 1 can red kidney beans (ditto above), or 1.5 cups cooked
- 1 orange bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1/3 cup packed fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- salt & pepper, to taste
- for the dressing
- 7-8 tbsp fresh lemon juice (about 1.5 lemons)
- 1.50 tblsp extra virgin olive oil, or more to taste
- 1 tblsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tblsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tblsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp fine grain sea salt
- Add several cups of water into a medium-sized pot and bring to a boil. Add chopped green beans and blanch for 2-3 minutes in boiling water. Drain and rinse with cold water. Place into a large bowl.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and kidney beans and place into a large bowl along with the green beans, bell pepper, optional jalapeno, parsley, and green onion. Mix.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients until combined. Adjust to taste if needed.
- Pour on dressing over salad and mix well. Best if you place in the fridge for 30 minutes to allow the mix of flavours to develop.
- Season with salt and pepper and adjust dressing to taste. Salad will taste even better the next day. Store in the fridge for up to 3-4 days
A great meal if accompanied by wholegrain bread or pitta bread.Like many bean salads, it tastes better as it sits and it’s even better the next day once the dressing has mingled with the beans and veggies