- 400 g (14oz) stone-ground wholemeal flour
- 75 g (3oz) plain white flour (or use 475 wholemeal)
- 100 g ground flax seed/golden linseed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 level teaspoon bread soda
- 1 tsp vegan egg replacer e.g. orgran
- 1 tblsp rapeseed or olive oil
- 1 tsp unrefined sugar or molasses
- 425 ml soy or other plant based milk
- sesame seeds
- Get yourself a 23x12x5cm loaf tin (9x5x2") and brush with olive or rapeseed oil. Pre-heart your oven to 200 degrees Celsius (Gas 6/400F)
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add molasses/sugar and oil to the plant based milk. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the liquid.
- Mix well and pour into the oiled tin. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 1 hour.