Delicious: a creamy and decadent bowlful.
- 100g smoked bacon, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 leeks, finely sliced
- 600ml single cream
- 12 oysters (ask your fish monger to shuck them and save you the juices)
- 1 bunch of chives, chopped
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 small sourdough loaves (optional)
- Heat a large saucepan, add the bacon and cook for three to four minutes over a medium heat, until the fat runs.
- Add the onion and leeks and cook for two minutes. Pour in the cream, bring to the boil, place the oysters in the pan with their juices and simmer for three minutes. Add the chives and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- If you want to be a bit fancy with your presentation, scoop out the centre of the bread loaves, pour the soup in and serve in warmed bowls.