- 900 g live lobster
- sea salt
- 4 tblsp irish whiskey, green spot whiskey
- 200 ml single cream
- Plunge the lobster into heavily salted boiling water and cook for eight minutes (some say the water should be as salty as the sea). Take out and cool.
- Cut in half with a heavy knife, remove the meat from the shell, discarding any black intestinal thread you find and the bony sac inside the head, and chop the meat. Crack the claws with the back of the knife and remove this meat as well. Keep the main shell to present the lobster.
- For the sauce, pour the whiskey into a hot pan and quickly set alight. When the flames die down, add the cream. Bring to the boil and simmer for two minutes.
- Fold in the lobster meat and simmer for two minutes more, then return it to the shell. Enjoy.