- 1 kid goat (approx 4 kg)
- 2 l natural yoghurt
- 2 packets green saffron rogan josh spice blend or 4 tablespoons curry paste
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tblsp honey
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 jar mango chutney
- 1 packet naan bread or you can make your own quick flatbread – recipe below
- 450 g strong white flour plus extra for dusting
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 0.50 tsp dried yeast
- 300 ml warm water
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- Place flour and salt in large mixing bowl. Dissolve the yeast in the water and pour into the flour, a bit at a time when mixing. When all the water has been incorporated, add the olive oil and knead it in. Now transfer dough to a floured surface and continue to knead well for 5 mins until dough is no longer tacky but soft, elastic and smooth. Add a little more flour if too sticky. Set aside to rest for an hour on a floured surface.
- Preheat the oven to 230 degrees celcius. Divide dough into four and on a very well floured surface, roll out ech piece into a rough circle 3 mm thick. Transfer to large baking sheets that have been lightly floured. Place in oven and bake for 5-10 mins until the bread is cooked. Each bread should partially bubble up and colour slightly but not get totally crisp.
For the raita:
- Put 500 mls yoghurt into a bowl, toast the cumin seeds and add the honey and set aside.
For the yoghurt marinade:
- Put 1.5 litres of yoghurt and mix in the spices and garlic and set aside.