A delightful chocolate tart that will impress all your guests
- For the Pastry
- 110 g / 4oz butter, diced
- 175 g / 6oz plain flour
- 55 g / 2oz caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- pinch of salt
- 0.5 tblsp cream
- For the Chocolate tart mix
- 1 lb chocolate
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 3 oz caster sugar
- 0.5 pint cream (boil together)
- 0.25 pint milk
- To make the pastry, place the butter, flour, salt and sugar in a food mixer and blend.
- Add the yolk and cream, and mix together. Do not over-work or the pastry will be tough.
- Cover in cling film. Chill for one hour.
- Roll out the pastry onto a nine-inch flan tin and blind bake for 20-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- For the chocolate tart start by placing the chocolate, cocoa powder, eggs and sugar in a bowl.
- Boil cream and milk together. Pour the hot milk-cream mix over the chocolate mix and whisk until smooth, then pass through a sieve.
- Pour onto baked sugar pastry case and bake at 100°C for 30-40 minutes, or until there's a slight wobble in the centre.
- If you have remaining mixture, this will keep for up to a week in the fridge.
Recipes from award-winning chef Neven Maguire's latest recipe book, Neven's Country Living, available now in all good book stores or through www.nevenmaguire.com Neven will also be appearing at this year's Bloom festival, check out www.bloominthepark.com
More by Neven Maguire:
- Caramelised Pork Belly, Neven Maguire, Today show
- Moroccan Lamb Tagine: Alternative Easter dinner
- Fragrant Pork, Thai Red Curry: Neven Maguire