- 100 g (3½oz) fresh spinach
- 300 ml (10½fl oz) milk
- 150 g (5oz) plain flour
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 2 tblsp melted butter
- 225 g (8oz) gruyère cheese, grated
- 260 g (9oz) cooked ham hock meat
- Put the spinach and milk in a food processor and blitz until smooth. Add the flour and eggs and blitz again to incorporate. Stir 1 tablespoon of the melted butter through the batter.
- Place the frying pan back over a medium–high heat and wipe with a little of the remaining melted butter. Add a ladleful of the batter and swirl the pan until the batter completely coats the base.
- Cook the crêpe for 1–2 minutes on one side, then flip over, turn the heat down to low and top with a little of the cheese and ham. Cook for 1 minute before folding in half, then into quarters.
- Pop the cooked crêpes into an ovenproof dish and keep warm in the oven at 120°C (225°F), Gas Mark ¼ while you repeat the process with the remaining batter, ham and cheese. Serve the crêpes straight away.