A perfect lunch option for the summer months
- 2 aubergines, cut into 1cm thick lengthways slices
- 2 red peppers, halved and deseeded
- 6 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 3 tblsp olive oil
- 2 tblsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 scallions, finely sliced
- 8 black olives
- large handful basil leaves, shredded
- 200 g feta cheese
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Toss the aubergine slices, red pepper pieces, garlic cloves and 2 tablesp. of the oil together on a baking sheet. Season well. Roast for 20- 25 minutes until tender
- Meanwhile, whisk the balsamic vinegar with the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large bowl
- Remove the skin from the pepper, cut into strips and roughly chop the aubergine and squeeze the garlic from their skins. Toss into the dressing with any roasting juices, the scallions, olives and basil. Season to taste.
- Arrange on a large platter or individual serving plates. Crumble the feta over and serve at once with crusty bread.
Recipes from award-winning chef Neven Maguire's latest recipe book, Neven's Country Living, available now in all good book stores or through www.nevenmaguire.com Neven will also be appearing at this year's Bloom festival, check out www.bloominthepark.com
More by Neven Maguire:
- Vanilla Ice Cream: Neven Maguire style
- Caramelised Pork Belly, Neven Maguire, Today show
- Moroccan Lamb Tagine: Alternative Easter dinner