- 75 g dr. oetker extra dark fine cooks chocolate, roughly chopped
- 125 g plain flour
- 0.50 tsp dr. oetker baking powder
- 0.50 tsp dr. oetker bicarbonate of soda
- pinch of salt
- 100 g unsalted butter, softened
- 250 g caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 tsp dr. oetker natural vanilla extract
- 125 g soured cream
- 100 ml water
- dr. oetker easy swirl cupcake chocolate icing
- 2 packs of dr. oetker fudge chunks
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and then place over a pan of simmering water. Ensure the water is not touching the base of the bowl.
- Melt the chocolate, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt, and sieve together to make the flour mix.
- Separately, beat together the sugar and butter in a large bowl.
- Gradually add the eggs to the mixture, adding a spoonful of flour mixture with each egg to avoid curdling.
- Mix in the melted chocolate, vanilla extract, soured cream and water until combined. Add the remaining flour and mix well.
- Spoon into cupcake cases and bake in oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove the cupcakes from oven and allow to cool in the baking tray, then remove from tray and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Pipe on the Dr. Oetker Designer Chocolate Icing using the nozzles provided and then sprinkle with Dr. Oetker Fudge Chunks.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say