- calorie controlled cooking spray
- 500 g (1 lb 2 oz) lean diced lamb
- 12 shallots, peeled
- 300 g (10 ½ oz) chantenay carrots, trimmed and halved lengthways
- 0.50 tblsp plain flour
- 300 g (10 ½ oz) small new potatoes, halved
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 heaped teaspoon clear honey
- 400 ml (14 fl oz) vegetable stock
- 2 tblsp chopped fresh mint
- 100 g (3 ½ oz) frozen soya beans
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 2/ 150?C/ fan oven 130?C. Spray a lidded flameproof casserole dish with the cooking spray and brown the lamb in two batches, removing to a plate when browned.
- Tip the shallots and carrots into the casserole dish and cook for 3 minutes until lightly coloured. Return the lamb to the casserole and stir in the flour. Add the potatoes, tomatoes, honey, stock and half the mint. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook in the oven for 55 minutes.
- Mix the soya beans into the casserole and return to the oven for 5 minutes. Stir in the rest of the mint just before serving.