- 250 g (9 oz) skinless salmon fillet, chopped roughly
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 25 g (1 oz) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 tblsp capers in brine, rinsed and chopped
- 2 slices (40g/ 1½ oz) light rye bread
- 75 g (2 ¾ oz) 0% fat greek yogurt or fat free natural yogurt
- 1 tblsp horseradish sauce
- 15 g (½ oz) wild rocket
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place the salmon in a food processor and whizz until it is quite finely chopped, but not pureed. If you don’t have a food processor, then chop as finely as possible by hand, using a large kitchen knife.
- Mix the salmon together with the egg white, breadcrumbs, capers, spring onion and a seasoning of pepper. Shape into two large flat burgers.
- Heat a non stick frying pan and dry fry the burgers for 4-5 minutes on each side over a medium heat.
- While the burgers are cooking toast the rye bread until crisp. Mix the yogurt and horseradish sauce together with a seasoning of pepper. Spread the sauce on to each slice of toasted bread then place a salmon burger on top.