It's best to make this mixed fruit compote the night before you want it, to allow the flavours to mingle and make it even tastier. Keep it in the fridge for up to 3 days. 3 ProPoints values per serving, 13 ProPoints values per recipe.
- 411 g can apricots in natural juice, drained and juice reserved
- 3 strips pared lemon zest
- 0.25 tsp ground mixed spice
- 25 g (1 oz) caster sugar
- 3 ripe but firm pears, peeled, cored and cut into wedges
- 75 g (2 ¾ oz) ready to eat prunes, halved
- to serve:
- 200 g (7 oz) virtually fat-free plain fromage frais
- 2 tblsp pumpkin seeds
- Pour 150ml (5 fl oz) of the reserved apricot juice into a medium saucepan. Add the lemon zest, mixed spice and caster sugar. Bring to a simmer, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the pears and prunes and simmer for about 5 minutes, or until the pears are tender (the exact timing will depend on their ripeness). Remove the pan from the heat and gently stir in the apricots.
- Leave the fruit to cool, then chill, covered, until ready to serve.
- To serve, top each serving of compote with 50g (1 ¾ oz) fromage frais and half a tablespoon of pumpkin seeds.
Try this: If you don’t like dried fruit, leave out the prunes and increase the pears to four. The ProPoints values per serving will be 2.
More by Weight Watchers:
- Salmon burger on rye with horseradish cream
- One pot spring lamb casserole
- Chocolate and berry roulade