- 411 g can apricots in natural juice, drained and juice reserved
- 3 strips pared lemon zest
- 0.25 tsp ground mixed spice
- 25 g (1 oz) caster sugar
- 3 ripe but firm pears, peeled, cored and cut into wedges
- 75 g (2 ¾ oz) ready to eat prunes, halved
- to serve:
- 200 g (7 oz) virtually fat-free plain fromage frais
- 2 tblsp pumpkin seeds
- Pour 150ml (5 fl oz) of the reserved apricot juice into a medium saucepan. Add the lemon zest, mixed spice and caster sugar. Bring to a simmer, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the pears and prunes and simmer for about 5 minutes, or until the pears are tender (the exact timing will depend on their ripeness). Remove the pan from the heat and gently stir in the apricots.
- Leave the fruit to cool, then chill, covered, until ready to serve.
- To serve, top each serving of compote with 50g (1 ¾ oz) fromage frais and half a tablespoon of pumpkin seeds.
Try this: If you don’t like dried fruit, leave out the prunes and increase the pears to four. The ProPoints values per serving will be 2.