A great dish from WeightWatchers. ProPoints value per serving 9, ProPoints value per recipe 19.
- calorie controlled cooking spray
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 small red pepper, de-seeded and sliced
- 1 corn on the cob, kernels removed
- 150 ml (5 fl oz) dry white wine
- 1 tblsp cornflour
- 100 g (3 ½ oz) fine green beans, halved
- 2 large sprigs of fresh thyme
- 200 g (7 oz) canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 300 ml (10 fl oz) vegetable stock
- 100 g (3 ½ oz) baby leaf spinach
- 2 tblsp reduced fat houmous
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- a small handful of fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- Heat a large, lidded, heavy based saucepan and spray with the cooking spray. Add the onion then cover and cook for 6 minutes until softened. Add the garlic, red pepper and corn and cook for another minute before pouring in the wine. Bring up to the boil then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes or until the wine has reduced by half.
- Mix the cornflour with a little water to make a paste. Add to the pan and cook, stirring, for a minute until thickened then add the green beans, thyme cannellini beans and stock and return to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 8 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Add the spinach and cook, partially covered, until wilted.
- Divide between two large, shallow bowls. Season to taste and top each portion with 1 tablespoon of houmous. Sprinkle with black pepper and lemon zest before serving. If using, garnish with basil leaves too.