You'll love this updated retro recipe from WeightWatchers, originally from the 1970s. ProPoints values per serving 3, ProPoints values per recipe 27.
- 50 g (1 ¾ oz) low fat spread, plus a little for greasing
- 4 canned pineapple rings in natural juice plus 2 tablespoons of the juice
- 5 glace cherries, halved
- 50 g (1 ¾ oz) light muscovado sugar
- 100 g (3 ½ oz) self raising flour
- 0.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp clear honey
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180?C/ fan oven 160?C. Line the base of a 17cm (6 ½ inch) round cake tin with some baking parchment and lightly grease the sides with a little of the low fat spread. Arrange the pineapple rings on the base of the tin, cutting them to fit if necessary, and fill in the spaces left with the halved glace cherries.
- Put the low fat spread, sugar, flour, and vanilla extract in a bowl with the eggs and baking powder and beat with a hand held electric whisk until smooth. Whisk in 2 tablepoons of the pineapple juice to make a batter then pour over the pineapple and bake for 30 minutes, until firm when tested with a skewer.
- Carefully turn out, drizzle with the honey and serve warm as a pudding or cold as a cake.
More by Weight Watchers:
- The Morning After the Night Before: One Pan Fry-up
- Salmon burger on rye with horseradish cream
- One pot spring lamb casserole